Tourist tariff is set by Tourism Council of Bhutan, Royal Government of Bhutan and it is valid for all inclusive packages.
Minimum Daily Package
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations all listed on this website. If you accommodation is not listed on this website then it is not licensed cater for international tourists.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows :
(a) Within 30 days of the start of the tour programme: Free
(b) Within 21 days: 10% of the rate
(c) Within 14 days:15% of the rate
(d) Within 7 days: 30% of the rate
(e) Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 50%of the rate
(f) After arrival in Bhutan: 100%
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
These are as follows:
Single individual – US$ 40 per night
Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
- There shall be no charge other than visa fee of USD 40 for children below the age of 5 years.
- Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate.
- A GROUP SIZE DISCOUNT of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A 50% DURATION DISCOUNT on ROYALTY shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on ROYALTY shall be provided after 14th night.
- 100% ROYALTY FREE ZONE DISCOUNT shall be provided on ROYALTY on first and/or last night for groups with night halt in Phuntsholing, Sarpang and Samdrup Jongkhar on arrival and/or departure
Please Note: Children below 5 years will not be eligible for GROUP SIZE DISCOUNTS, DURATION DISCOUNTS and ROYALTY FREE ZONE DISCOUNT and All Children and Students will not be eligible for DURATION DISCOUNTS
Prior to your trip to Bhutan you will be asked to wire the full payment for your holiday to the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
You must wire the tour payment calculated by your tour operator as well as USD 40 (one time visa fee) to the Bhutan National Bank through one of their certified international partners with the Bhutanese tour operator specified as the ultimate beneficiary.
Please email the bank wire receipt copy to the local Bhutanese tour operator.
Food and Drink
Clothing and Accessories
Customs and Immigration
Himalayan lodges and retreats
Want to make reservations ahead of time? Consider our line-up.
The Village lodge Bumthang
Bumthang is a religious central hub, and one of the most desired tourist destinations in Bhutan.
The Valley Camp Phobjikha
The valley camp is a one of a kind retreat that offers cozy rooms and amenities.
The Village Lodge Paro
Paro is home to many fascinating things. Experience the relaxing lifestyle in the village.
Taktsang Village Resort
Paro has many highlights for tourists. One of the most beautiful of Bhutan’s valleys.
We provide service for parties of all sizes.
Enjoy our premium service whether you’re a solo traveler or coming with a group!
Things you should know
The daily $250 tariff
Foreign travelers to Bhutan have to pay an all inclusive daily Tariff of $ 250. This pays for all their expenses during their stay.
Mandatory travel guide
All tourists must be accompanied by a guide assigned to them by their travel agent. The guide fee is paid from their daily tariff.
Which season to visit?
The best time to visit the country is during the Spring and Autumn seasons. There are many festivals and sights to see during these times of the year.
How to get here?
There is one international airport in the country. Regular flights are conducted by the two airlines; Druk Air and Bhutan Airlines. Contact us for more information on availability of flights to our country.
Preparing for the weather
Bhutan is a country that enjoys all four season of the year. Be sure to pack according to the season in which you intend to make your travel plans.
Embrace the culture
Prepare to embrace our culture while remembering to respect the way of life. Temples and Dzongs (Fortresses) require etiquette and proper dress codes.