Get connected to Bhutan as you visit many religious and historical places of interest. Visit Gantey and Phobijikha valley to witness the blacknecked cranes dance and enjoy the quietness of the mountains. Hike to the Taktsang, also known as Tigers Nest to end the tour of an enchanting realm.
Day 01 : Arrive Paro by Druk Air
- Druk Airways flight to Bhutan is one of the most spectacular in entire Himalayas. Whether flying along the Himalayan range from Kathmandu or over the foothills from Kolkata, each flight is a mesmerizing aeronautical feat and offers an exciting descent into the Kingdom. On arrival at Paro airport, immigration and custom formalities and then received by our representative and transfer to the hotel. Evening take a stroll around town’s main street. Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 02 : Paro
- After breakfast, visit to Ta Dzong (National Museum) and then walk down the trail to visit Rinpung Dzong which has a long and fascinating history. Afternoon visit to Drukgyel Dzong, the ruined fortress from where Bhutanese repelled several invasion by Tibetan armies. Then visit a traditional farm house which offers good insight into lifestyle of local people. In the evening, visit Kichu Lhakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred shrines of the Kingdom. Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 03 : Paro – Thimphu (60 km, 2 hours)
- After breakfast proceed to Thimphu, the modern capital town of Bhutan. Enroute stop at Chuzom (confluence) where Paro river joins Thimphu river. Nearby Thimphu, visit to Simtokha Dzong, the oldest fortress of the Kingdom which now houses the School for Buddhist studies. Afternoon, in Thimphu, visit to King’s Memorial Chhorten and Trashichhodzong, beautiful medieval fortress/monastery. Then, visit Handicrafts Emporium, Textile and Folk Heritage Museum followed by visit to local market. Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 04 : Thimphu – Punakha (75 km, 2.1/2 hours)
- Morning, Thimphu sightseeing, visiting National Library, Painting School and Traditional Medicine Institute. After lunch, drive to Punakha, the old capital town of Bhutan. Stop enroute at Dochula pass (3,050m) that heralds the most enchanting views of Bhutan. On arrival, check into the hotel. Evening visit Punakha Dzong, the fortress of 17th century and later visit to Khamsm Yulley Namgyal Chhorten. Overnight at the hotel in Punakha.
Day 05 : Punakha – Wangduephodrang – Gangtey (70 km, 3 hours)
- After breakfast drive to Gangtey via Wangduephodrang. Visit majestic Wangdue Dzong and interesting local market. Further ahead pass through dense forests and oak, rhododendron tress, reaching at Gangtey (Phobjikha). Evening take a walk around Gangtey village and visit Gangtey Gompa, the only Nyingmapa monastery in this region. Overnight at Camp / Guest House.
Day 06 : Gangtey – Trongsa (120 km, 4.1/2 hours)
- Morning explore Phobjikha valley which is famous for Black Necked Cranes. The cranes migrate here from Central Asiatic plateau to escape its harsh winters. After lunch drive to Trongsa crossing 3,300m high Pele la pass. Evening visit to Trongsa market. Overnight at the lodge in Trongsa.
Day 07 : Trongsa – Bumthang (68 km, 3 hours)
- Morning visit to Trongsa Dzong, the master piece of Bhutanese architecture and see Ta Dzong, the watch tower, built to defend this Dzong and surrounding region. After lunch, proceed to Bumthang, the religious heartland of the nation. Evening at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the lodge in Bumthang.
Day 08 : Bumthang
- Bumthang is the general name given to combination of four valleys – Chumey, Choekhor, Tang and Ura with altitude varying from 2,600m to 4,000m. It is home to many of prominent Buddhist temples and monasteries. Visit to Tamshing Lhakhang, the treasure house of interesting religious Buddhist paintings. Then visit, Jakar Dzong, the administrative centre of the valley. Afternoon visit Kurje Lhakhang, one of the most sacred places. Later visit Jambay Lhakhang, the ancient monastery dating from the introduction of Buddhism in the country. Evening visit to local shops. Overnight at the lodge in Bumthang.
Day 09 : Bumthang – Thimphu (268 km, 8 hours)
- Morning after visiting Bumthang market, drive to Thimphu . Lunch would be served enroute at one of the famous restaurant in Trongsa town. Enroute at Wangduephodrang take a short break for tea / coffee and then proceed to Thimphu. Arrive Thimphu and check into the hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 10 : Thimphu – Paro
- After breakfast drive to Paro. Later take an excursion to Taktsang Monastery. Legends says that Guru Padsambhava came here flying on the back of tigress and meditated at the place where now monastery stands. Taktsang or Tiger Nest was severely damaged by fire which took place in April 1998 and now it has been restored in its original splendor. Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 11 : Paro Depart
- After breakfast in the hotel, drive to the airport for flight to onward destination.